The Darrell Gwynn Foundation's Wheelchair Donation Program
donates brand new, highly customized manual and power wheelchairs to children and adults who have been denied by Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance companies, or those lag insurance coverage.
Wheelchair Donation Program Criteria:
• Applicant must suffer or have suffered from an injury or illness that leaves the applicant permanently confined to a wheelchair.
• Applicant must be living with injury or illness for at least 6 months.
• Applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US for at least six months.
• Preference given to applications between 2 and 45 years of age.
• Applicant must have an active role within the community or be able to demonstrate the ability and desire to re-enter the community.
• If under the age of 18, application must be completed and signed by a parent or legal guardian.
• Applicant must be able to provide documentation from a licensed physician stating the medical diagnosis and permanency of the applicant’s disability.
• Applicant, parent or legal guardian must demonstrate financial need.
• If applicant is covered under private insurance, a letter from insurance company stating the reason(s) for denial must be submitted with application.
• If applicant is chosen, you will be asked to participate in at least 2 follow-up phone calls with a DGF staff member following the wheelchair donation.
Contact Micah Moreno at 954-792-7223 x 101 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.