National Night of Prayer 2014
Monday, December 8th 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 9th
~ Feast of the Immaculate Conception with the apparition of Our Lady of Guadalupe to Juan Diego ~
Let us bow down in UNISON across the nation before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration and Reparation
for the sins against the lives of our innocent unborn and helpless ones.
Let us pray to Mary, the Mother of God under her title Our Lady of Guadalupe to intercede for us through her divine son for a return to respect for all life in our country. May we make reparation for all the lives lost in this nation to abortion and pray that parents may be conscious of their calling as they share in God’s creative power. We also pray that those who have acted against human life experience forgiveness.
If your parish participating in the National Night of Prayer? Please let us know: Office of Pro-Life Activities,
795 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, (716) 847-2205 or by email Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org.
List of parishes participating:
- Our Lady of Pompeii & St. Mary of the Assumption
(at St. Mary’s Site)
One St. Mary’s Hill
Lancaster, NY 14086
After 7:00 pm Mass until 1:00 am
- Good Shepherd
5442 Tonawanda Creek Road
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
Monday, December 8th after Mass at 7pm until 10pm with
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Our Mother of Good Counsel
3688 South Park Avenue
Blasdell, NY 14219
6:30 p.m. Mass followed by a Living Rosary
- St. Stephen
2100 Baseline Road
Grand Island, NY 14072
- Our Lady of the Rosary
22 Don Bosco Pl.
Port Chester, NY 10573
- St. Clare
193 Elk Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
Holy Hour (Adoration) Dec 8 from 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- St. Mary of the Angels
202 S. Union Street
Olean, NY 14760
At the Children of Fatima Chapel in the Parish Life Center
- Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
7580 Clinton Street
Elma, NY 14059
- St. Gregory the Great
200 St. Gregory Court
Williamsville, NY 14221
Following 7pm Mass until Midnight
- St. Mary's/St. Mark's Parish in Holley/Kendall
(at St. Mary’s site)
13 South Main Street
Holley, NY 14470
Immediately following the 7:00 pm Holyday Mass until 12 am with rosaries led on the beginning of each hour.
- St. Paul’s/ St. Andrews & St. Timothy’s
(At St. Andrew’s site)
1525 Sheridan Drive
Kenmore, NY 14217
- St. Martha (Adoration Chapel)
10 French Road
Depew, NY 14043
- St. John the Baptist
2021 Sandridge Rd
Alden, NY 14004
Candlelight Living Rosary following 7:00 pm Mass on December 8. Eucharistic Adoration until 9:00 pm
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart (Chapel)
3148 Abbott Road
Orchard Park, NY 14127
December 8th from 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- St. Rose of Lima Church (Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish)
165 Central Avenue
Silver Creek, NY 14136
with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- St. Teresa
1974 Seneca Street
Buffalo, NY 14210
December 8 (8:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
- St. Amelia
2999 Eggert Road
Tonawanda, NY 14150
Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament after the 7:00 pm Mass. The Divine Mercy Chaplet will be prayed at 12:30 am followed by Solemn Benediction before the closure at 1:00 am
19 Summer Street
Batavia, NY 14020
- St. Mary's
6 North St.
Canaseraga, NY 14822
6:30 pm Mass, Holy Hour with Adoration following until 8:30 pm
- St. John Vianney
2950 Southwestern Blvd.
Orchard Park, NY 14127
December 8 - 9 pm to December 9 - 1 am in the chapel (connected to church)
- Our Lady of Mercy
44 Lake Street
LeRoy, NY 14482
- St. John the Baptist
1085 Englewood Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14223
Holiday Mass at 7:00pm in the church followed by Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and prayers until 11:00 pm
Benediction will take place at the end of the night.
March for Life Pilgrimage, Washington, DC
January 21-22, 2015
Accepting Reservations Now!
Join the Buffalo Diocese and hundreds of thousands of Catholics and others in solidarity for a pilgrimage of public witness, penance, and prayer for all those victimized by the 1973 Roe v Wade Supreme Court decision legalizing abortion, and for the conversion of those who misguidedly perpetuate it. Catholics and all people of good will shall gather together to pray and publicly intercede on behalf of the unborn, their parents, families, our communities, nation and our leaders, that this prayerful presence may open hearts, minds and souls to the fullness of the Gospel of Life in our lives and laws, healing the wounds of abortion. We look forward once again to a unified and powerful stand against the Roe v. Wade decision!
» » » The Most Reverend Richard J. Malone, Th. D., Bishop of Buffalo, will be attending the Mass at
the Verizon Center in Washington on January 22, 2015 with Youth Groups from Buffalo.
Keynote Speaker: Vicky Thorn, foundress of Project Rachel and the executive director of the
National Office of Post-Abortion Reconciliation & Healing located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Buses: will depart on the morning of Wednesday, January 21, 2015 from various locations
Round trip fare $150.00 (includes bus & breakfast) Bus Only $110.00 Breakfast Only $40.00
Hotel: 3:00 pm arrive at Washington Plaza Hotel in time to attend the 6:30 pm National Vigil Mass
at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Reservations: Rates 14.5% DC sales tax per person Rooms: Single Rate $150.00 Double/ Triple Rate $180.00
Call Washington Plaza Hotel: (202) 842-1300 or 800-424-1140 Mention: Diocese of Buffalo 2015
Book on-line directly at www.washingtonplazahotel.com
In order to guarantee the group rate register before the Hotel deadline date December 10, 2014!!!
To make your reservation or to become a generous sponsor call or email the Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org.
Sponsors: Prayerfully consider making a donation so that we can ensure the right to life is not just afforded
for some, but for all, born and unborn.
Please note that the March for Life is not a guided tour. During the March, the Diocese of Buffalo holds a large banner in hopes of keeping our group together; however, folks tend to get separated as there are thousands of Marchers. The use of cell phones and a buddy system is highly encouraged during this trip for safety purposes and in order to keep in constant communication with each other.
Your cooperation and attention to this is greatly appreciated.
For more details and information visit www.buffalodiocese.org/prolife or call (716) 847-2205.
“Guarding & Protecting Life at all stages”
YOUTH GROUPS FORMS
Here is the steps to take for completing this task:
1. You are to have everyone from your group fill out and sign the Attendee Use of image Waiver form. You keep these!
2. When you have everyone’s copy in hand, then you can send us the Group Leader form.
You keep the individual forms until after the March. I need to have your Group leader forms in by January 5, 2015 (or earlier) so I can send in my form to the Archdiocese letting them know everyone in our diocese is good to go.
- Permission and Health Form
- Use of Image Waivers Attendee Permission
- Use of Image Group Leader
Video of a documentary that followed St. Francis High School on their quest to lead the masses at the 2013 March for Life in Washington D.C.
(click on the image above to view video)
Rosary Novena for Life 2014
Rosary Novena for Life Mass at 8:00 am at St. Rose of Lima Parish
Mass will be followed by a silently and prayerfully procession to and from a local abortion clinic (optional) where we join together in prayer. Closing prayers will take place upon our return outside of St. Rose of Lima.
Respect Life Committees, Youth Groups, Parish Ministries, are especially encouraged to join us to show their support for the Sanctity of Life
The remaining Saturdays are: October 25 and November 22* (with exceptions as noted by *)
For more information call the pro-life office (716) 847-2205. FLIER
- In-Service - Parish Respect Life Committee
- Wash for Life - Thousand of youth from all over the country participate in the Wash for Life to raise money for Pregnancy Care Centers
Always the First Sunday in October
- Respect Life Mass - Sunday, October 5, 2014 -10:30 am - St Joseph's Cathedral
Celebrant - Bishop Richard Malone
- National Life Chain -Sunday, October 5, 2014 - 2-3:00 pm - Niagara Falls Blvd and some outlying areas
DECEMBER 8th & 9th
- National Night of Prayer - 9pm on Dec 8th till 1am Dec 9th (FLIER) (PRAYERS)
Takes place at a variety of parishes
- March for Life - Wednesday, January 22, 2015 (FLIER)
- Light for Life (Candle in the Window) (flier)
- Observance of Roe vs Wade - January 17, 2015 4:30pm Mass (Our Lady of Victory, 767 Ridge Road, Lackawanna, NY)
- 4th Annual St. Gianna Banquet - Wednesday, February 11, 2015 @ Classics V, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY 14228
- Rosary Novena for Life Mass 2014 - Saturday, March 22 to Saturday, November 22
- Mass for the Unborn - March 26 -
- Mass for anyone touched by adoption - Our Lady of Victory Basilica 10:30 AM
- Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb Mass - @ St. Joseph Cathedral 10:30 a.m.
Rosary for Life & Holy Hours before the Blessed Sacrament
(Please adhere to Diocesan Guidelines for presence at an abortion clinic)
- Last Saturday of each month from March through November with 8am mass at St. Rose of Lima Parish, Parkside & Parker Ave, Buffalo followed by procession to abortion clinic at 2500 Main Street.
- 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month with mass at 8am at St. Leo the Great Church, Amherst, followed by a rosary in front of 2500 Sweet home Rd (Travel by car)
- Our Lady of Pompeii Parish - 158 Laverack Ave.- Lancaster, NY host every 1st Friday of every month from 12pm - 7pm, final hour (6-7pm) devoted to praying for an end to abortion with benediction at 7:00pm. For more information contact Our Lady of Pompeii Rectory @ 683-6522.
- Planned Parenthood - William's Rd & Lancaster Dr, Wheatfield NY
Fridays 7am - 12pm
- Women's Services - 2500 Main St, Buffalo, NY
Thursday 7:30am (no organized group)
- Children's Hospital - 140 Hodge Ave, Buffalo, NY
- St. Vincent de Paul (Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY) First Saturday of every month 8:00 am preceding the 8:30 am Mass
- St. Raphael (College & Macklem Ave., N.F., NY) Second Monday of every month following the 8:oo am Mass, from 8:30 - 9:30 am.
- Divine Mercy (Niagara & 24th Street, N.F., NY) Every Tuesday, 12n-1:00 pm followed by adoration until 2:00 pm, Divine Mercy chaplet then 3:00 pm Benediction.
- St. Mary of the Cataract (4th Street, N.F., NY) First Wednesday of every month following the 12:10 pm Communion Service - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 12:30 pm; Pro-Life Rosary at 1:05 pm.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 27th & Independence Ave., N.F., NY) First Thursday of every month from 12:00-1:00 pm continue with Adoration until 3:00 pm
- St. Mary of the Angels, Olean - MONTHLY the first Sunday of EVERY month from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm at the intersection of routes 417 and 16 in Olean
Guidelines for presence at clinics during diocesan rosary for life
Please, no signs as we have a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a banner that reads
"For God, For Mary, For Life"
We are there to peacefully pray for an end to abortion so if anyone says anything demeaning or insulting to us,please do not answer back.
A Mass to Remember (Healing Service)
For women and their families who have lost a child through abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.