Saturday, November 14. 2015
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Christ the King Seminary
St. Vincent's Dorm
711 Knox Road
East Aurora, NY 14052
Let us know if you are attending by phone (716) 847-2205
or email Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org
Lead by Cheryl Calire & Deacon Mike Dulak
For more information call the office of Pro-Life Activities at (716) 847-2205
2015 - 26th Annual
National Night of Prayer for Life
Tuesday, December 8th 9:00 p.m. to
1:00 a.m. Wednesday, December 9th
Let us bow down in UNISON across the nation before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration and Reparation for the sins against the lives of our innocent unborn and helpless ones.
If your parish participating in the National Night of Prayer please let us know: Office of Pro-Life Activities, 795 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, (716) 847-2205 or by email Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org
Video of a documentary that followed St. Francis High School on their quest to lead the masses at the 2013March for Life in Washington D.C.
(click on the image above to view video)
MARCH FOR LIFE PILGRIMAGE 2016
Join the Buffalo Diocese and hundreds of thousands of Catholics and others in solidarity for a pilgrimage
of public witness, penance, and prayer for all those effected by the 1973 Roe v Wade Supreme Court
decision legalizing abortion, and for the conversion of those who misguidedly perpetuate it. Catholics and all
people of good will shall gather together to pray and publicly intercede on behalf of the unborn, their parents,
families, our communities, nation and our leaders, that this prayerful presence may open hearts, minds and
souls to the fullness of the Gospel of Life in our lives and laws, healing the wounds of abortion. We look forward once again to a unified and powerful stand against the Roe v. Wade decision!
The Most Reverend Richard J. Malone, Th. D., Bishop of Buffalo, will be attending the Mass at
the DC Armory in Washington on January 22, 2016 with Youth Groups from Buffalo.
Breakfast and Mass at the hotel: Celebrant Reverend Steve Jekielek
Keynote Speaker: Kathryn J. Lopez
Buses: will depart on the morning of Thursday, January 21, 2016 see brochure with bus stops (BROCHURE)
Round trip fare $175.00 (includes bus & breakfast) Bus Only $125.00 Breakfast Only $50.00
Hotel: 3:00 pm arrive at Washington Plaza Hotel in time to attend the 6:30 pm National Vigil Mass at
the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.
Single rate: $189 Double: $219
Call Washington Plaza Hotel: (202) 842-1300 or 800-424-1140
Mention: Diocese of Buffalo 2016 or you can book your room on line
YOU MUST register before Hotel deadline date: December 20, 2015 OR THE REMAINING ROOMS IN OUR BLOCK WILL BE RELEASED
Youth Leaders (Letter to Youth Leaders)
Please ONLY Youth Group Leaders reply to Karen Sagun with YOUR total count for YOUR group. No individual/personal replies please.
If you are interested in attending the Youth Rally and Mass in Washington, DC the day of the March for Life 2016 (read the letter attached), let your parish or school youth group or Pro-Life club leader know your interest.
+Be sure they add you to their count.
Karen’s role as Diocesan Liaison’s is just to secure the tickets for our diocese for the Youth Rally and Mass 2016. The details below should help group leaders convey information to their constituents.
*Group leaders, please feel free to contact Karen with questions and especially with your ticket request by Oct. 2nd.
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! God bless and reward you all!
Round trip fare $175.00 (includes round trip bus fare & breakfast at the Washington Plaza Hotel)
Bus Only $125.00
Breakfast Only $50.00
To guarantee your seat on the bus you must send the registration with your Payment by
Thursday, December 31 Indicate bus # and pick up location on your registration form
Money non-refundable if payment received after Thursday, December 31, 2015.
No seat is guaranteed without prior payment. No money will be collected at departure.
Checks payable to: Diocesan Office of Pro-Life Activities
795 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14203
Rosary Novena for Life Mass at 8:00 am at St. Rose of Lima Parish (500 Parker Avenue, Buffalo)
Mass will be followed by a silently and prayerfully procession to and from a local abortion clinic (optional) where we join together in prayer. Closing prayers will take place upon our return outside of St. Rose of Lima.
Respect Life Committees, Youth Groups, Parish Ministries, are especially encouraged to join us to show their support for the Sanctity of Life
The remaining Saturdays are: October 31 and November 21* (with exceptions as noted by *)
For more information call the pro-life office (716) 847-2205. FLIER
- In-Service - Parish Respect Life Committee Saturday, September 12, 2015
- Wash for Life - Thousand of youth from all over the country participate in the Wash for Life to raise money for Pregnancy Care Centers
Always the First Sunday in October
- Respect Life Mass - Sunday, October 4, 2015 -10:30 am - St Joseph's Cathedral
Celebrant - Bishop Edward Grosz
- National Life Chain -Sunday, October 4, 2015 - 2-3:00 pm - Niagara Falls Blvd and some outlying areas
DECEMBER 8th & 9th
- National Night of Prayer - 9pm on Dec 8th till 1am Dec 9th (FLIER) (PRAYERS)
Takes place at a variety of parishes
- March for Life - Wednesday, January 2016 (FLIER)
- Light for a Candle for Life (Candle in the Window) (flier)
- Observance of Roe vs Wade/Pro-Vita Award - January , 2016 (Parish to be announced)
- 4th Annual St. Gianna Banquet - Thursday, February 11, 2016 @ Classics V, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY 14228
- Rosary Novena for Life Mass 2015 - Saturday, March 28 to Saturday, November 21 8:30 am Mass
- Mass for the Unborn - March 25 - St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Cheektowaga 6:30 pm Rosary 7:00 pm Mass
- Holy Day of Prayer for the Unborn Child - March 25 - St. Amelia, Tonawanda 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Mass for anyone touched by adoption - April 2016 - Our Lady of Victory Basilica 10:30 AM
- Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb Mass - Sunday, May 1, 2016 @ St. Joseph Cathedral 10:30 a.m.
Rosary for Life & Holy Hours before the Blessed Sacrament
(Please adhere to Diocesan Guidelines for presence at an abortion clinic)
- Last Saturday of each month from March through November with 8am mass at St. Rose of Lima Parish, Parkside & Parker Ave, Buffalo followed by procession to abortion clinic at 2500 Main Street.
- 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month with mass at 8am at St. Leo the Great Church, Amherst, followed by a rosary in front of 2500 Sweet home Rd (Travel by car)
- Our Lady of Pompeii Parish - 158 Laverack Ave.- Lancaster, NY host every 1st Friday of every month from 12pm - 7pm, final hour (6-7pm) devoted to praying for an end to abortion with benediction at 7:00pm. For more information contact Our Lady of Pompeii Rectory @ 683-6522.
- Planned Parenthood - William's Rd & Lancaster Dr, Wheatfield NY
Fridays 7am - 12pm
- Women's Services - 2500 Main St, Buffalo, NY
Thursday 7:30am (no organized group)
- Children's Hospital - 140 Hodge Ave, Buffalo, NY
- St. Vincent de Paul (Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY) First Saturday of every month 8:00 am preceding the 8:30 am Mass
- St. Raphael (College & Macklem Ave., N.F., NY) Second Monday of every month following the 8:oo am Mass, from 8:30 - 9:30 am.
- Divine Mercy (Niagara & 24th Street, N.F., NY) Every Tuesday, 12n-1:00 pm followed by adoration until 2:00 pm, Divine Mercy chaplet then 3:00 pm Benediction.
- St. Mary of the Cataract (4th Street, N.F., NY) First Wednesday of every month following the 12:10 pm Communion Service - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 12:30 pm; Pro-Life Rosary at 1:05 pm.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 27th & Independence Ave., N.F., NY) First Thursday of every month from 12:00-1:00 pm continue with Adoration until 3:00 pm
- St. Mary of the Angels, Olean - MONTHLY the first Sunday of EVERY month from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm at the intersection of routes 417 and 16 in Olean
Guidelines for presence at clinics during diocesan rosary for life
Please, no signs as we have a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a banner that reads
"For God, For Mary, For Life"
We are there to peacefully pray for an end to abortion so if anyone says anything demeaning or insulting to us,please do not answer back.
A Mass to Remember (Healing Service)
For women and their families who have lost a child through abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.