Most Reverend Edward M. Grosz, D. D., V.G.
Auxiliary Bishop and Vicar General
and the Office of Pro-Life Activities, Diocese of Buffalo
Cordially invites you to participate int he Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb
since its Vatican release in March 2012.
10:30 am Mass
St. Joseph Cathedral
50 Franklin Street, Buffalo, NY 14202
We will celebrate and pray for mothers, fathers, families, and for children in the womb.
Mass will include a special blessing for unborn children and their expectant parents. We will also pray for couples who are hoping for the gift of a child and for couples who have suffered the loss of a child.
Saturday, May 16. 2015
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Christ the King Seminary
St. Vincent's Dorm
711 Knox Road
East Aurora, NY 14052
Let us know if you are attending (716) 847-2205
Lead by Cheryl Calire & Deacon Mike Dulak
For more information call the office of Pro-Life Activities at (716) 847-2205 or by email
Rosary Novena for Life Mass at 8:00 am at St. Rose of Lima Parish (Parkside & Parker Avenues)
Mass begins on Saturday, March 28 will be followed by a silently and prayerfully procession to and from a local abortion clinic (optional) where we join together in prayer. Closing prayers will take place upon our return outside of St. Rose of Lima.
Respect Life Committees, Youth Groups, Parish Ministries, are especially encouraged to join us to show their support for the Sanctity of Life
The remaining Saturdays are:April 25, May 30, June 27, July 25, August 29, September 26, October 31 and November 21* (with exceptions as noted by *)
For more information call the pro-life office (716) 847-2205. FLIER
Thank You Marchers
Dear Marchers and Friends for Life,
On behalf of the Office of Pro-Life Activities and the Diocese of Buffalo we would like to thank you for joining us in this year’s annual March for Life 2015 in Washington, D.C. Your sacrifice of time, talent, and treasure in order to unite with other men, women and youth of good conscience is overpowering. Our group keeps growing each year in numbers and prayers and let us commit today, to make next year even larger!
It is important that we send this message of life, this message of hope, this message of compassion to our elected and appointed leaders in Washington, in Albany, and right here in our own community. Let us not stop writing, calling, emailing and especially praying for those leaders. Some of them share our love of life; they need our kind words, prayers, encouragement and support. Others have not experienced that conversion of heart. Pray for them, through the intercession of Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Gianna Beretta Molla.
Just a couple of gentle reminders:
1. Rosary Novena for Life Mass, St. Rose of Lima Parish begins Saturday, March 28 at 8:00 am
2. Mass for the Unborn - March 2015 check our website for further information.
3. Adoption Mass - Saturday, April 18 at 10:30 am at Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Lackawanna.
Please continue to participate, support and pray for the growing number of people who have had a change in heart and mind. Know that you are making a difference. Know that through compassion you are saving lives and building a culture that recognizes the sanctity and dignity of all life, from conception to natural death, and at all points between. Know that you are Heroes for Life. ~ true “life savers” with your continued efforts we can accomplish great things to support the sanctity of life “one step at a time”.
Yours in Christ,
Video of a documentary that followed St. Francis High School on their quest to lead the masses at the 2013March for Life in Washington D.C.
(click on the image above to view video)
- In-Service - Parish Respect Life Committee Saturday, September 12, 2015
- Wash for Life - Thousand of youth from all over the country participate in the Wash for Life to raise money for Pregnancy Care Centers
Always the First Sunday in October
- Respect Life Mass - Sunday, October 4, 2015 -10:30 am - St Joseph's Cathedral
Celebrant - Bishop Grosz
- National Life Chain -Sunday, October 4, 2015 - 2-3:00 pm - Niagara Falls Blvd and some outlying areas
DECEMBER 8th & 9th
- National Night of Prayer - 9pm on Dec 8th till 1am Dec 9th (FLIER) (PRAYERS)
Takes place at a variety of parishes
- March for Life - Wednesday, January 2016 (FLIER)
- Light for Life (Candle in the Window) (flier)
- Observance of Roe vs Wade - January , 2016 (Parish to be announced)
- 4th Annual St. Gianna Banquet - Wednesday, February , 2016 @ Classics V, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst, NY 14228
- Rosary Novena for Life Mass 2015 - Saturday, March 28 to Saturday, November 21 8:30 am Mass
- Mass for the Unborn - March 25 - St. Aloysius Gonzaga, Cheektowaga 6:30 pm Rosary 7:00 pm Mass
- Holy Day of Prayer for the Unborn Child - March 25 - St. Amelia, Tonawanda 11:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Mass for anyone touched by adoption - April 18, 2015 - Our Lady of Victory Basilica 10:30 AM
- Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb Mass - Sunday, May 10 @ St. Joseph Cathedral 10:30 a.m.
Rosary for Life & Holy Hours before the Blessed Sacrament
(Please adhere to Diocesan Guidelines for presence at an abortion clinic)
- Last Saturday of each month from March through November with 8am mass at St. Rose of Lima Parish, Parkside & Parker Ave, Buffalo followed by procession to abortion clinic at 2500 Main Street.
- 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month with mass at 8am at St. Leo the Great Church, Amherst, followed by a rosary in front of 2500 Sweet home Rd (Travel by car)
- Our Lady of Pompeii Parish - 158 Laverack Ave.- Lancaster, NY host every 1st Friday of every month from 12pm - 7pm, final hour (6-7pm) devoted to praying for an end to abortion with benediction at 7:00pm. For more information contact Our Lady of Pompeii Rectory @ 683-6522.
- Planned Parenthood - William's Rd & Lancaster Dr, Wheatfield NY
Fridays 7am - 12pm
- Women's Services - 2500 Main St, Buffalo, NY
Thursday 7:30am (no organized group)
- Children's Hospital - 140 Hodge Ave, Buffalo, NY
- St. Vincent de Paul (Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY) First Saturday of every month 8:00 am preceding the 8:30 am Mass
- St. Raphael (College & Macklem Ave., N.F., NY) Second Monday of every month following the 8:oo am Mass, from 8:30 - 9:30 am.
- Divine Mercy (Niagara & 24th Street, N.F., NY) Every Tuesday, 12n-1:00 pm followed by adoration until 2:00 pm, Divine Mercy chaplet then 3:00 pm Benediction.
- St. Mary of the Cataract (4th Street, N.F., NY) First Wednesday of every month following the 12:10 pm Communion Service - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 12:30 pm; Pro-Life Rosary at 1:05 pm.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 27th & Independence Ave., N.F., NY) First Thursday of every month from 12:00-1:00 pm continue with Adoration until 3:00 pm
- St. Mary of the Angels, Olean - MONTHLY the first Sunday of EVERY month from 1:00 pm-2:00 pm at the intersection of routes 417 and 16 in Olean
Guidelines for presence at clinics during diocesan rosary for life
Please, no signs as we have a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a banner that reads
"For God, For Mary, For Life"
We are there to peacefully pray for an end to abortion so if anyone says anything demeaning or insulting to us,please do not answer back.
A Mass to Remember (Healing Service)
For women and their families who have lost a child through abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.