File a Report

Ways to report:

Call 911 (if imminent danger exists)/law enforcement and/or your county’s District Attorney if reporting sexual abuse/misconduct by clergy, religious, or an employee or volunteer of the Diocese of Buffalo or one of its parishes, schools or institutions.

Contact the Victims Assistance Coordinator (VAC) if reporting sexual abuse/misconduct from the past or present.  The VAC is available to assist you, as well, if you have been abused or victimized by someone representing the Catholic Church.  The VAC will arrange a personal meeting with a bishop of the diocese, or his delegate and will also coordinate counseling if desired.  The VAC for the Diocese of Buffalo is:  Ms. Jacqueline Joy.  She can be reached at (716) 895-3010 or

Contact EthicsPoint (NAVEX GLOBAL) – The Diocese has implemented a reporting system which provides a confidential method of reporting child abuse/adult sexual misconduct via a toll-free hotline & website called EthicsPoint.  EthicsPoint is available in both English and Spanish and is an independent, third-party company.  They have been hired by several other dioceses and corporations, nationally, to manage their helplines.  All reports will be taken seriously, promptly investigated, and when requested, anonymity is provided.  EthicsPoint is hosted on secure servers.

Complaints of ethically inappropriate matters – financial, human resource, ministerial, or physically harmful situations – are to be directed to a dedicated phone line: 

(716) 847-8728 and/or filling out the form below

Those reporting repositories will be accessed daily and complaints then entered into a tracking system where they will be assigned a point person for follow-up and resolution. 

Online Complaint Form

To file a complaint about a bishop

An independent third-party reporting system was established by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to report sexual misconduct by a bishop or eparch. Anyone who wishes to file a complaint against a bishop of sexual abuse or other related misconduct can make a report at:

Protecting God's Children

Abuse Response