Most Rev. Charles H. Colton

 4th Bishop of Buffalo (1903-1915)
"God is With Us"

Bishop Charles H. Colton was consecrated on August 24, 1903. During his tenure, 72 churches, 18 combination school-churches, 30 schools, 12 academies, 13 hospitals, and charitable institutions, 6 convents, and 28 rectories made up the diocese. Bishop Colton died in 1915; his body lies in the crypt of St. Joseph's Cathedral.