Website Response to Love Center
Brief Job Description:
The Assistant Cook is responsible to help the Lead Cook plan menus, prepare food, & cook a hot cooked meal (lunch) for the feeding program that takes place at the Response to Love Center in Buffalo NY. Keep an accurate inventory, ordering supplies, ensuring safe-sanitary food handling practice, and supervise volunteers.
The Response to Love Center is a fun, environment that focusses on the quality of the relationship we build with our clients. We insist on treating everyone with dignity and compassion. We are looking for a person that has a passion for food and takes pride in their job performance. This position offers room for advancement. Get rewarded for your talents. No evenings or weekends required.
Qualifications: Required Education/Experience:
• Plan and submit a menu to RTLC management.
• Prepare nutritious and balanced meals for the feeding program.
• Must have experience cooking a variety of foods considering nutrition and cultural sensitivity.
• Serve the meal and clean up after meals.
• Review inventory, rotate products, anticipate needs, and request supplies.
• Keep accurate records and statistics.
• Maintain food safety preparation.
• Maintain a sanitary kitchen.
• Monitor and record all refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
• Supervise volunteers.
• Other duties as needed and assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience planning and cooking for large group
• Safe-Serve food handling certification (or willing to get Save-Serve Certified)
• Experience cooking different types of food
• Knowledge in using industry-sized ovens and cooking ranges
• Ability to manage and supervise other kitchen staff
• Must understand and appreciate the mission of The Response to Love Center.
How to Apply: E-mail: email@example.com ~ Fax (716)891-5474 ~ USPS at address listed above.
Salary: Commensurate upon experience/education
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.