Website St. John Vianney RC Church
Brief Job Description: The Director of Faith Formation advances the ministry of the Parish by assisting in the spiritual care of our people. This position involves directing the Religious Formation of the children of the Parish through the Sacrament of Confirmation, facilitates opportunities for Adult Faith Formation and is responsible for all Sacramental Preparation of children and adults. This person will report directly to the Parish Pastor on a regular basis and coordinate the program with the Faith Formation Advisory Team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
A. Coordinates the annual Religious Education of Children Grades Kindergarten – Grade 12 and the Rites of Christian Initiation of Children (RCIC)
1. Directs all Religious Education Programs
2. Recruits and Trains, all Catechists
3. Sacramental Preparation: reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation and RCIC
4. Coordinate and Facilitate the Home Study Program
5. Coordinate and Facilitate Family Workshops
6. Directs Parish Edge Program for Middle School Grades 6-8
7. Supports High School Youth Ministry opportunities (Voluntary opportunities)
8. Contributes to the Weekly Bulletin promoting Faith Formation Information and Activities
9. Contributes information regarding program to Parish Office to update parish website.
10. Coordinates Parish Safe Environment Program – Virtus Program/Virtus Online
B. Directs Adult Faith Formation Programs for Parish
1. Programs, Retreats, Book Study, Discussion Groups pertaining to Adult Faith Formation
Qualifications: Required Education/Experience:
• Authentically Catholic and seeking a deeper personal relationship with Christ.
• A strong understanding of and commitment to the Catholic Faith and Way of Life.
• Minimum Education Requirement is High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
• A clear understanding total commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church is essential for the person serving in this position.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
• Proficiency in technology, social media, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Effective planning and organizational skills, including long range planning
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to manage multiple projects and delegate tasks when appropriate
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com