Website St. John Vianney
| Brief Job Description
The Director of Lifelong Faith Formation advances the ministry of the Parish by assisting in the spiritual care of our people. This position involves directing the Religious Formation of the children of the Parish through the twelfth grade, facilitates opportunities for Adult Faith Formation, and is responsible for all Sacramental Preparation of children and adults. A clear understanding and total commitment to the teachings of the Catholic Church is essential for the person serving in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
A. Coordinates the annual Religious Education of Children in Grades 1-12 & RCIC
1. Directing the Tuesday evening Religious Education Program
2. Training and Recruiting of Catechists
3. Coordinates and Facilitates the Home Study Program and Family Workshops for grades 1-8.
4. Director of Parish Edge Program and other options for Middle School Faith Formation for students in grades 6-8
5. Serves as Parish Confirmation Coordinator
6. Facilitates High School Youth Ministry opportunities
7. Sacramental Preparation: Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation, and RCIC
B. Baptismal preparation and post-baptismal ministries
1. Serves as primary point of contact and organization for Baptisms among parents, catechists, priest, and sacristans.
2. Develops post-Baptismal outreach and programs for parents of infants and toddlers
3. Coordinates Children’s Liturgy of the Word Program
4. Assists with SJV School-led Vacation Bible School
C. Coordinator of Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
D. Directs Adult Faith Formation programs for parishioners (Programs, Retreats, book study, etc.)
E. Parish Communications
1. Contributes to the Weekly Bulletin
2. Promotes Parish events and areas outlined in this job description broadly
3. Collaborates in Parish online activity with other staff members
4. Collaborates in updating the Parish website, calendar, etc.
F. Handles all requests for Letters of Recommendation
G. Coordinates Parish Safe Environment Program
|Qualifications: Required Education/Experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org