Website Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Create a family-style online video program for Grades 1-3 based on a provided set of catechetical materials, adding supplemental videos, story, craft and activity ideas.
· Upload weekly lessons to Google Classroom or other electronic platform
· Monitor the child/family involvement electronically and communicate with families throughout program
· Become familiar with the Sacramental Preparation Programs for Grades 2 (First Penance) & Grade 3 (First Eucharist)
· Hold online parent meetings for the Parish Faith Formation Families as an introduction to the Sacramental Preparation Program for the families to work with their children.
· Plan, organize and be present at each Sacrament celebration, keeping in communication with families regarding all details.
· Assist families in signing up for an online catechetical program specific for Grades 4-5
· Monitor the child/family involvement electronically and communicate with families throughout the program
· Ideally a BS in Education, Catechesis or other equivalent
· Two years teaching experience preferred
· Experience as a school teacher and/or catechist with a strong understanding of and commitment to the Catholic faith
· Effective planning and organizational skills
· Experience with Google Classroom a plus
· Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately, both verbally and in writing
· Self-motivated and willing to continually discover and utilize new ways of teaching the faith
To apply for this job please visit gmail.com.