Website OLV National Shrine & Basilica
Brief Job Description:
Under the general oversight of the Pastor, the part-time Office Assistant functions as the receptionist for the rectory front office, answering the telephone and door to welcome and assist callers and visitors. This position also handles data entry for offertory contributions in the PDS parish database, assists with mailings, and acts as a backup to the Administrative Assistant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Work collaboratively and effectively as a member of the OLV National Shrine & Basilica staff
2. Consistently demonstrate OLV’s Guiding Values of Respect, Trust, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork and Accountability
3. Welcome and assist visitors to the parish office, provide information and assistance, take messages and/or direct visitors to appropriate staff members.
4. Answer telephone calls to the parish office, provide information and assistance, take messages as needed and/or direct calls to appropriate staff members.
5. Handle requests for priest visits, parish registration, and St. Vincent de Paul Society assistance
6. Sell tickets for parish/school fundraisers and maintain records of purchasers.
7. Accept donations to the parish/school, accurately record, and issue receipts per prescribed protocol.
8. Process requests and donations for OLV Charities’ Mass cards
9. Record parishioner contributions from offertory envelopes in PDS parish database
10. Update parishioner contact info with changes received from visitors, callers, and the Post Office
11. Mail weekly bulletin to parishioners on the mailing list and assist with other parish mailings.
12. Fill out and mail membership cards to Altar & Rosary Society and Holy Name Society members.
13. Prepare tamper-proof bags for offertory collections.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Required Education/Experience:
1. Experience working on a computer and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook) required.
2. Experience with PDS (Parish Data Systems) Church Office preferred.
3. High school diploma or equivalency required, Associate’s degree preferred
4. At least one year of experience in general secretarial work required.
1. Enthusiastic, positive person with excellent customer service skills and the ability to assist others in a timely, professional manner.
2. Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
3. Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different people.
4. Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail
5. Able to multitask, meet deadlines, and prioritize.
6. Able to work independently and collaboratively.
7. Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook)
Salary: $16.00-$20.00/hour, based on experience
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com