Website St Peter RC Parish
Reports to: Pastor/ Director of Maintenance
FLSA Classification: hourly/nonexempt
Hours: part-time, 20 hours/week, 3-7 pm Monday – Friday
Starting pay: $15/hour
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the buildings, parish property and grounds and assisting the Director of Maintenance in making minor repairs and maintaining the safety, and good working order of parish properties.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
General / Daily (95%)
• Sweeps and mops floors and stairwells, cleans outside entrances to parish properties and picks up other debris on church properties to keep facilities clean and presentable.
• Dusts/sanitizes surface areas, floors, furniture, and fixtures.
• Vacuums rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and other surfaces as appropriate.
• Cleans all bathrooms and replenishing paper towels, toilet tissue and soap.
• Cleans glass doors.
• Wipes/sanitizes communal areas with appropriate cleaners.
• Removes garbage from the building.
• Keeps supply and slop rooms neat and orderly.
• Clears snow from walkways and entrances.
• Sets up and tears down chairs, tables, and other equipment for meetings, events and other activities of the church and school.
• Performs maintenance and repair work on buildings and equipment as assigned using hand and/or power tools as needed.
• Maintains work area in clean and orderly condition as well as tools and equipment.
• Reports any equipment that is broken to the Pastor or Director of Maintenance /Principal.
• Reports low supplies/inventory to the Pastor or Director of Maintenance/ Principal.
• Consistently complies with all policies and procedures.
• Constantly maintains high performance standards at work with regard to personal behavior and interactions with staff, community members, and outside organizations.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. (5%)
• Neat and clean in appearance
• Good customer service skills
• Good communication skills
• Good time management skills and attention to detail and ability to multi task
• Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to maintain tact in high-stress situations.
• Shows initiative
• Uses time efficiently and completes the daily checklist
• Treats all with respect and dignity
• Works well with others
• Ability to be flexible when needed
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and procedures
• Follows the mission and purpose of Catholic education and its implementation
Education and Experience:
• High School or equivalent diploma
• Three plus years of experience handling similar duties preferred
• Must have a clean valid driver’s license
Ergonomic/Physical Requirements: (to be performed with or without reasonable accommodations and without significant risk to self or others.)
• Prolonged periods sitting, standing, stooping, bending at a desk and working on a computer or standing to assist students.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
• Ability to see close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus as needed.
** Duties are subject to change as needed and determined by Administration
To apply for this job email your resume to email@example.com