"Catechists are called to continual conversion and growth in their faith and, for this reason, are called to ongoing spiritual formation." NCD, 55C
Well-formed catechists are those who can effectively share the Catholic faith in a way that is transformative in the lives of others.
Each Year, Catechists Must Attend To:
- 2 Theological Topics = 3 hours each
- Ministry Skills = 2 hours
- Monthly VIRTUS Compliance
The Department of Lifelong Faith Formation is dedicated to assisting and supporting parish leaders in providing quality catechist formation. Each season a selection of approved formation will be offered. Those who are planning their own formation for catechists MUST request approval beforehand. If you have questions or concerns regarding Catechist Formation, contact Megan Nixon at 716-847-8760.
Sacraments of Initiation (2 contact hours + 1 hour independent)
- April 4 - 6:30-8:30 p.m. at St. Aloysius in Springville - register now
Catholic Social Teaching (2 contact hours + 1 hour independent)
- April 6 - 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at St. Francis of Assisi in Tonawanda - register now
- May 6 - 6:30-8:30 p.m. at St. Mary of the Lake in Hamburg - register now
From Classroom Teacher to Group Facilitator:
- April 25 - 6:30-8:30 p.m., Blessed Mother Teresa in Depew - register now
Cultivating Faith in the Home:
- March 15 - 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Catholic Center - register now
Confirmation Retreat "How To":
- March 16 - 10:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at Nativity of Our Lord in Orchard Park - register now
Growing Pains - Adolescent Faith Development:
- March 30 - 9:30-11:30 a.m. at St. Mary of the Angels in Olean - register now
- April 30 - 6:30-8:30 p.m. at St. Andrew in Kenmore - register now
More workshops available by request! See the Catechist Formation Spring Offerings brochure.
Additional formation is available at Christ the King Seminary and from Boston College.
Continue to watch for updates as we will be adding more opportunites for formation. We are also looking forward to the launch of the NEW catechist formation website in the near future. Stay tuned for all the details.