"Knights of Columbus team with Pro-Life department to bring ultrasounds to area clinics" (click on image for article)
The Office of Pro-Life Activities sponsors several events throughout the Diocese of Buffalo and beyond to defend all life.
- Rosary Novena for Life - Saturday, August 31 at 4:00 pm St. Michael's, Warsaw (171 N. Main St., Warsaw, NY) Celebrant Fr. Michael LaMarca
- National Night of Prayer for Life - December 8 & 9
- Roe v Wade Observance & Pro-Vita Mass - Saturday, January 18, 2020 Parish TBA
- March for Life- Friday, January 24, 2020 (buses depart on Thursday, January 23rd)
Brochure / Registration with online PayPal payment
Registration Form only Permission & Health Form (YOUTH ONLY)
- Life Chain Sunday, October 6, 2019 Let us know where your parish is standing
- St. Gianna Banquet 2020 - Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Yearly Events
- Other Events
- 40 Days for Life Buffalo Website
- 40 Days for Life - KICK-OFF CELEBRATION FOR THE FALL CAMPAIGN - Sept. 20 (7:00 pm-9:00pm)
Rosary Novena for Life -2019
NOTE: The Rosary Novena for Life - Masses will be celebrated at a parish in Vicariates, this will NOT be an additional Mass, this is to fit in to the regularly scheduled Mass time at the parish. Also, the Rosary for Life will be prayed before or after the Mass.
This will give a chance to each parish to celebrate the Rosary Novena for Life and we would like for people to consider signing up with 40 Days for Life-Buffalo, they can sign up by contacting Delphine at (716) 868-2049.
Back to top
National Night of Prayer for Life
The 30th annual National Night of Prayer for Life will take place December 8, from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. December 9.
Let us bow down in UNISON across the nation before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration and Reparation for the sins against the lives of our innocent unborn and helpless ones.
If your parish is participating in the National Night of Prayer please let us know at the Office of Pro-Life Activities, 795 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, (716) 847-2205 or by email Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org. Don't forget to download our flyer and prayer.
Back to top
March for Life - Friday, January 24, 2020
The Annual March for Life takes place in late January as thousands of pro-life supporters gather in Washington, D.C. The diocese coordinates a trip for any local Western New Yorkers who wish to attend. More information will be available later this year. Guest Speaker: USCCB Associate Director - Greg Schleppenbach
FOR ALL YOUTH - make sure to fill out and submit the permission & health forms Youth Permission & Health Form
Brochure / Registration with online PayPal payment / Registration Form only
In 2013 St. Francis High School of Athol Springs was one of the groups who participated in the March for Life. Watch their video recap below:
Back to top
National Life Chain
Annually, always on the first Sunday in October, Life Chain invites the churches in each city and town across North America to bear witness in the public arena to raise awareness of the Sanctity of Life. Stand on a designated local sidewalk and pray for one hour, while holding one of the following approved pro-life sign messages:
• ABORTION KILLS CHILDREN • JESUS FORGIVES AND HEALS • ADOPTION: THE LOVING OPTION
• LORD, FORGIVE US AND OUR NATION • ABORTION HURTS WOMEN • PRAY TO END ABORTION
Parish is responsible to order their own signs, you can order online at http://www.life-support.org/lifechain/ or you download the PDF form return the completed form to Life Support by mail (PO Box 270068 Fort Collins, CO 80527) or by fax (719-785-5775). List of Parishes participating
St. Gianna Benefit Banquet
The annual St. Gianna Benefit Banquet is to raise enough money to able to keep pace with our increasing need to continue to service the woman, men, and babies that are referred to the St. Gianna Molla Pregnancy Outreach Center. We hope and pray that you can come and learn more about the center.
We hope we can count on your support and prayers throughout the year and hope to see you at the banquet!
9th Annual St. Gianna Banquett will be held on Tuesday, February 25, 2020. Online Reservation coming soon
- March for Life - Friday, January 24, 2020 (brochure / online registration) (permission health & image waiver form)
- Light for a Candle for Life (Candle in the Window) (flyer)
- Observance of Roe vs Wade/Pro-Vita Award - Saturday, January 18, 2020
Parish to be Announced
- 9th Annual St. Gianna Banquet, Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at Millennium Hotel
Price: $75.00 per person/$50.00 per student Deadline: Monday, February 17, 2020 Money non-refundable
- Rosary Novena for Life Mass 2019, 8:30 a.m., Saturday, March 30 to Saturday, November 30
- Mass for the Unborn - March 2020 TBA
- Mass for anyone touched by adoption, 10:30 a.m., Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Lackawanna (Flyer)
- Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb Mass - 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 3, 2020 St. Joseph Cathedral
- A Day of Hope and Healing - Saturday, August 24 - 9:00am-3:00pm For those who in any way have been effected by abortion.
Held at St. Francis Park (5229 South Park Ave, Hamburg, NY 14075) This is completely Free, Nonjudgmental and Confidential. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED - Lunch will be provided Call or email and let us know if you are attending (716) 847-2205 or Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org.
Lead by Cheryl Calire and Deacon Mike Dulak.
- Rosary Novena for Life - Saturday, August 31 - at St. Michael, Warsaw by Fr. Michael LaMarca at 4:00 pm Rosary after Mass
- In-Service - Parish Respect Life Committee, Saturday, September 14, 2019 (9 a.m. Mass)
- Rosary Novena for Life - Saturday, September 28 - St. Louis Church at 4:00 pm Rosary after Mass
- Respect Life Mass - 10:30 a.m. Sunday, October 6, 2019 at St. Joseph Cathedral
- National Life Chain - 2 p.m. Sunday, October 6, 2019, Niagara Falls Blvd. and some outlying areas
- Rosary Novena for Life - Saturday, October 26 - Good Shepherd by Fr. Dan young at 4:30 pm Rosary before Mass
- Rosary Novena for Life - Saturday, November 23 - St. Stanislaus by Fr. Tomasz Wilk at 4:00 pm Rosary before Mass
- National Night of Prayer - 9 p.m. December 8 until 1 a.m. December 9 (flyer) (prayers), takes place at a variety of parishes
Back to top
Rosary for Life & Holy Hours before the Blessed Sacrament
- St. Raphael (College & Macklem Ave., N.F., NY) Second Tuesday of every month following the 8:00 am Mass, from 8:30-9:30am.
- Divine Mercy (Niagara & 24th Street, N.F., NY) Every Tuesday, 12:00-1:00 pm followed by adoration until 2:00 pm, Divine Mercy chaplet then 3:00 pm Benediction.
- St. Mary of the Cataract (259 Forth Street, N.F., NY) First Wednesday of every month following the 12:10 pm Communion Service - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 1:30 pm; Pro-Life Rosary at 1:05 pm.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 27th & Independence Ave., N.F., NY) First Thursday of every month from 12:00-1:00 pm continue with Adoration until 3:00 pm
- Pro-Life Rosary - St. Vincent de Paul (Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY) First Saturday of every month 8:00 am preceding the 8:30 am Mass
- Prayer at the Abortion Clinic - Planned Parenthood Abortion Clinic (Williams Road & Lancelot Drive, Wheatfield, NY) Every Friday from 7:00 am -2:00 pm as abortions are being performed.
- St. John Paul II (2052 Lakeview Rd., Lake View, NY) Every Tuesday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the little church and every First Friday of the month following 9:00 am Mass until 5:00 pm in the main church.
- St. John the Baptist (1085 Englewood Ave., Kenmore, NY) has a Holy Hour for Life every Friday at 1:00pm in the St. John Neumann Chapel.
- St. Jude the Apostle (800 Niagara Falls Blvd., N. Tonawanda) every Wednesday from 9:30 am-8:00 pm One hour Novena for Life consisting of the Rosary, Litany and silent prayer from 7:00-8:00 pm every second Wednesday of the month
- Blessed Sacrament (263 Claremont Avenue, Tonawanda, N.Y. 14223) Every Wednesday "Pro-life rosary prayed at 6:45pm following the 8:30 am -6:15 pm Adoration and 6:15pm Mass"
Back to top
Guidelines for presence at clinics during diocesan rosary for life
Please, no signs as we have a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a banner that reads "For God, For Mary, For Life." We are there to peacefully pray for an end to abortion so if anyone says anything demeaning or insulting to us, please do not answer back.
A Mass to Remember (Healing Service)
For women and their families who have lost a child through abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.