The 8 a.m. Saturday Mass will be followed by a silently and prayerfully procession to and
from a local abortion clinic (optional) where we join together in
prayer. Closing prayers will take place upon our return outside of St.
Rose of Lima. Respect Life committees, youth groups and parish ministers are
especially encouraged to join us to show their support for the Sanctity
The remaining Saturdays are: (with exceptions as noted by * due to holiday weekends)
October 29 Celebrant: Fr. Jacek Mazur, Pastor of Divine Mercy
November 19* Celebrant: Most Reverend Richard Malone, Bishop of Buffalo
For more information, call the Pro-Life office (716) 847-2205 or download our flyer.
The 27th annual event will take place Thursday, Dec. 8, from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Friday, Dec. 9.
Let us bow down in UNISON across
the nation before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration and Reparation for
the sins against the lives of our innocent unborn and helpless ones.
If your parish is participating in the National Night of Prayer please
let us know at the Office of Pro-Life Activities, 795 Main Street, Buffalo,
NY 14203, (716) 847-2205 or by email Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org. Don't forget to download our flyer and prayer.
The Annual March for Life takes place in late January as thousands of pro-life supporters gather in Washington, D.C. The diocese coordinates a trip for any local Western New Yorkers who wish to attend. More information will be available later this year.
Seating for the Opening Mass Additional
seating is provided in the Lower Level Memorial Hall during the Opening Mass.
Television monitors and communion distribution will allow those seated in this
area to fully participate in Mass.
for Persons with Disabilities In
collaboration with the National Catholic Partnership on Disability (NCPD),
advanced reserved seating arrangements for persons with disabilities can be
made through the NCPD website. Please feel free to share
this information with your diocesan networks to assist with planning for groups
who may be traveling with persons with disabilities.
Annually, on the first Sunday in October, Life Chain invites the churches in each city and town across North America to bear witness in the public arena to raise awareness of the Sanctity of Life. Stand on a designated local sidewalk and pray for one hour, while holding one of the following approved pro-life sign messages:
• ABORTION KILLS CHILDREN • JESUS FORGIVES AND HEALS • ADOPTION: THE LOVING OPTION
• LORD, FORGIVE US AND OUR NATION • ABORTION HURTS WOMEN • PRAY TO END ABORTION
Parish is responsible to order their own signs, you can order online at http://www.life-support.org/lifechain/ or you download the PDF form return the completed form to Life Support by mail
(PO Box 270068 Fort Collins, CO 80527) or by fax (719-785-5775).
St. Gianna Benefit Banquet
The annual St. Gianna Benefit Banquet is to raise enough money to able to keep pace with our increasing need to continue to service the woman, men, and babies that are referred to the St. Gianna Molla Pregnancy Outreach Center. We hope and pray that you can come and learn more about the center.
We hope we can count on your support and prayers throughout the year and hope to see you at the banquet!
Save the Date Wednesday, February 15, 2017 Keynote Speaker: Reverend Thomas Rosica, CSB - Chief Executive Officer of Canada's Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation
• In-Service - Parish Respect Life Committee, Saturday, September 9, 2017 (9 a.m. Mass)
• Respect Life Mass - 10:30 a.m. Sunday, October 1, 2017, St Joseph's Cathedral; Celebrant Bishop Malone
• National Life Chain - 2 p.m. Sunday, October 1, 2017, Niagara Falls Blvd. and some outlying areas
• National Night of Prayer - 9 p.m. December 8 until 1 a.m. December 9 (flyer) (prayers), takes place at a variety of parishes
• March for Life - Friday, January 27, 2017 (brochure) (permission health & image waiver form)
• Light for a Candle for Life (Candle in the Window) (flyer)
• Observance of Roe vs Wade/Pro-Vita Award - Saturday, January 21, 2017 (Parish to be announced)
• 6th Annual St. Gianna Banquet, Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at the Millennium Hotel, Buffalo Tickets: $60 per person/$50 per student Deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 Tickets non-refundable
• Rosary Novena for Life Mass 2016, 8:30 a.m., Saturday, March 19 to Saturday, November 19
• Mass for the Unborn, March 2017
• Mass for anyone touched by adoption, 10:30 a.m., April 2017, Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Lackawanna
for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb Mass - 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May 7, 2017, St.
Joseph Cathedral; Main Celebrant Bishop Malone
• Last Saturday of each month from March
through November with 8 a.m. mass at St. Rose of Lima Parish, Parkside
& Parker Ave, Buffalo followed by procession to abortion clinic at
2500 Main Street.
• 1st & 3rd Saturday of each month
with mass at 8 a.m. at St. Leo the Great Church, Amherst, followed by a
rosary in front of 2500 Sweet Home Rd (Travel by car)
• Our Lady of Pompeii Parish - 158
Laverack Ave.- Lancaster, NY host every 1st Friday of every month from
12 p.m. - 7 p.m., final hour (6-7 p.m.) devoted to praying for an end to abortion
with benediction at 7 p.m. For more information contact Our Lady of
Pompeii Rectory at 716-683-6522.
• Planned Parenthood - William's Road & Lancaster Dr, Wheatfield, Fridays 7 a.m. - 12 p.m.
• Women's Services - 2500 Main St, Buffalo, Wednesday 9 a.m.; Thursday 7:30 am (no organized group); Friday 9 a.m.; Saturday 9 a.m.
• Children's Hospital - 140 Hodge Ave, Buffalo, Monday 9 a.m.
• St. Vincent de Paul (Military Road, Niagara Falls), first Saturday of every month 8 a.m. preceding the 8:30 a.m. Mass
• St. Raphael (College & Macklem Ave., Niagara Falls) Second Monday of every month following the 8 a.m. Mass, from 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.
• Divine Mercy (Niagara & 24th Street, Niagara Falls) Every Tuesday, Noon-1 p.m. followed by adoration until 2 p.m., Divine Mercy chaplet then 3 p.m. Benediction.
• St. Mary of the Cataract (4th Street, Niagara Falls) First Wednesday
of every month following the 12:10 p.m. Communion Service - Exposition of
the Blessed Sacrament until 12:30 p.m.; Pro-Life Rosary at 1:05 p.m.
• Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 27th & Independence Ave., Niagara Falls) First Thursday of every month from Noon-1 p.m. continue with Adoration until 3 p.m.
• St. Mary of the Angels, Olean - Monthly the first Sunday of every month from 1 p.m.-2 p.m. at the intersection of routes 417 and 16 in Olean
Guidelines for presence at clinics during diocesan rosary for life
Please, no signs as we have a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a banner that reads "For God, For Mary, For Life." We are there to peacefully pray for an
end to abortion so if anyone says anything demeaning or insulting to
us, please do not answer back.
A Mass to Remember (Healing Service)
For women and their families who have lost a child through abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.