Important information on our yearly Pro-Life Events for 2020-2021 (click on the links below)
The Office of Pro-Life Activities sponsors several events throughout the Diocese of Buffalo and beyond to defend all life.
"Knights of Columbus team with Pro-Life department to bring ultrasounds to area clinics"
Rosary Novena for Life
Also, the Rosary for Life will be prayed before or after the Mass. : The Rosary Novena for Life - Masses will be celebrated at a parish in Vicariates, this will NOT be an additional Mass, this is to fit in to the regularly scheduled Mass time at the parish.
This will give a chance to each parish to celebrate the Rosary Novena for Life and we would like for people to consider signing up with 40 Days for Life-Buffalo, they can sign up by contacting Delphine at (716) 868-2049.
Back to top
National Night of Prayer for Life
The 30th annual National Night of Prayer for Life will take place December 8, from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. December 9.
Let us bow down in UNISON across the nation before the Blessed Sacrament in Adoration and Reparation for the sins against the lives of our innocent unborn and helpless ones.
If your parish is participating in the National Night of Prayer please let us know at the Office of Pro-Life Activities, 795 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, (716) 847-2205 or by email Pro-Lifeoffice@buffalodiocese.org. Don't forget to download our flyer and prayer. List of parishes participating
Back to top
In 2013 St. Francis High School of Athol Springs was one of the groups who participated in the March for Life. Watch their video recap below:
Back to top
National Life Chain (Life Chain 2020 will still be held on Respect Life Sunday on October 4th, by Vicariate; formulate who will host or where you decide to pray peacefully, practicing Social Distancing and approved signs)
Annually, always on the first Sunday in October, Life Chain invites the churches in each city and town across North America to bear witness in the public arena to raise awareness of the Sanctity of Life. Stand on a designated local sidewalk and pray for one hour, while holding one of the following approved pro-life sign messages:
• ABORTION KILLS CHILDREN • JESUS FORGIVES AND HEALS
• ADOPTION: THE LOVING OPTION • LORD, FORGIVE US AND OUR NATION
• ABORTION HURTS WOMEN • PRAY TO END ABORTION
Parish is responsible to order their own signs, you can order online at https://lifechain.org/signs/. List of Parishes participating
St. Gianna Benefit Banquet 2021
The annual St. Gianna Benefit Banquet is to raise enough money to able to keep pace with our increasing need to continue to service the woman, men, and babies that are referred to the St. Gianna Molla Pregnancy Outreach Center. We hope and pray that you can come and learn more about the center.
We hope we can count on your support and prayers throughout the year and hope to see you at the banquet! 10th Annual St. Gianna Banquett Online Reservation
- March for Life - (brochure / online registration) (permission health & image waiver form)
- Light for a Candle for Life (Candle in the Window) (flyer)
- Observance of Roe vs Wade/Pro-Vita Award -
- 10th Annual St. Gianna Banquet, at Millennium Hotel
Price: $ per person/$ per student Deadline: Money non-refundable
- Mass for the Unborn - March 2021
- Rite for the Blessing of a Child in the Womb Mass - 10:30 a.m. Sunday, May St. Joseph Cathedral
- In-Service - Parish Respect Life Committee (see letter sent to pastors at the top of the page)
- National Life Chain - (Life Chain will still be held on Respect Life Sunday on October 4th, by Vicariate; formulate who will
host or where you decide to pray peacefully, practicing Social Distancing and approved signs)
- Mass for anyone touched by adoption, November Our Lady of Victory Basilica, Lackawanna (Flyer)
- National Night of Prayer - 9 p.m. December 8 until 1 a.m. December 9 (flyer) (prayers), takes place at a variety of parishes
Back to top
Rosary for Life & Holy Hours before the Blessed Sacrament
(Please adhere to Diocesan Guidelines for presence at an abortion clinic)
- St. Raphael (College & Macklem Ave., N.F., NY) Second Tuesday of every month following the 8:00 am Mass, from 8:30-9:30am.
- Divine Mercy (Niagara & 24th Street, N.F., NY) Every Tuesday, 12:00-1:00 pm followed by adoration until 2:00 pm, Divine Mercy chaplet then 3:00 pm Benediction.
- St. Mary of the Cataract (259 Forth Street, N.F., NY) First Wednesday of every month following the 12:10 pm Communion Service - Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 1:30 pm; Pro-Life Rosary at 1:05 pm.
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, 27th & Independence Ave., N.F., NY) First Thursday of every month from 12:00-1:00 pm continue with Adoration until 3:00 pm
- Pro-Life Rosary - St. Vincent de Paul (Military Road, Niagara Falls, NY) First Saturday of every month 8:00 am preceding the 8:30 am Mass
- St. John Paul II (2052 Lakeview Rd., Lake View, NY) Every Tuesday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm in the little church and every First Friday of the month following 9:00 am Mass until 5:00 pm in the main church.
- St. John the Baptist (1085 Englewood Ave., Kenmore, NY) has a Holy Hour for Life every Friday at 1:00pm in the St. John Neumann Chapel.
- St. Jude the Apostle (800 Niagara Falls Blvd., N. Tonawanda) every Wednesday from 9:30 am-8:00 pm One hour Novena for Life consisting of the Rosary, Litany and silent prayer from 7:00-8:00 pm every second Wednesday of the month
- Blessed Sacrament (263 Claremont Avenue, Tonawanda, N.Y. 14223) Every Wednesday "Pro-life rosary prayed at 6:45pm following the 8:30 am -6:15 pm Adoration and 6:15pm Mass"
- St. Stephen’s (19 Vernon Street, Middleport, NY 14105) Rosary for Life every Wednesday at 5:00 pm.
- Holy Trinity, Middleport, NY (211 Eagle Street, Medina, NY) Pro-Life Rosary Wednesday’s at 5:00 pm
Back to top
Guidelines for presence at clinics during diocesan rosary for life
Please, no signs as we have a picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a banner that reads "For God, For Mary, For Life." We are there to peacefully pray for an end to abortion so if anyone says anything demeaning or insulting to us, please do not answer back.
A Mass to Remember (Healing Service)
For women and their families who have lost a child through abortion, miscarriage, or stillbirth.