WAYS TO REPORT
ABUSE, MISCONDUCT & FRAUD:
(1) Call 911 (if imminent danger exists)/law enforcement and/or your county’s District Attorney if reporting sexual abuse/misconduct by clergy, religious, or an employee or volunteer of the Diocese of Buffalo or one of its parishes, schools or institutions.
(2) Contact the Victims Assistance Coordinator (VAC) if reporting sexual abuse/misconduct from the past or present. The VAC is available to assist you, as well, if you have been abused or victimized by someone representing the Catholic Church. The VAC will arrange a personal meeting with a bishop of the diocese, or his delegate and will also coordinate counseling, if desired. The VAC for the Diocese of Buffalo is: Ms. Jacqueline Joy. She can be reached at (716) 895-3010 or Jacqueline.email@example.com.
(3) Contact EthicsPoint (NAVEX GLOBAL) - The Diocese has implemented a reporting system which provides a confidential method of reporting child abuse/adult sexual misconduct or fraud/ethical misconduct via a toll-free hotline & web-site called EthicsPoint. EthicsPoint is available in both English and Spanish and is an independent, third-party company. They have been hired by several other dioceses and corporations, nationally, to manage their helplines. All reports will be taken seriously, promptly investigated, and when requested, anonymity is provided. EthicsPoint is hosted on secure servers.
The following are EthicsPoint categories you can select from:
Child Abuse/Adult Sexual Misconduct, Accounting & Financial, Confidentiality, Conflict of Interest, Fraud & Theft, Gifts & Donations, Harassment & Inappropriate Behavior, Misuse of Company Resources, Safety or Other (if you feel that the definitions above do not describe the event, action or situation you are looking to report about, please use this header)
There are two ways to file a report with EthicsPoint:
- via their website’s confidential hotline; click here to begin: EthicsPoint
- By calling one of their trained specialists on their toll-free hotline 1-844-573-4177
See the EthicsPoint FAQs for more information. EthicsPoint is NOT a 911 or Emergency Service. Do not use this site to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. Reports submitted through this service will receive a prompt response. If you require emergency assistance, please contact your local authorities.