File a Report
WAYS TO REPORT:
- Call 911 (if imminent danger exists)/law enforcement and/or your county’s District Attorney if reporting sexual abuse/misconduct by clergy, religious, or an employee or volunteer of the Diocese of Buffalo or one of its parishes, schools or institutions. Child Abuse Hotline Number: 1-800-34203729 or contact your local District Attorney:
- Contact the Victims Assistance Coordinator (VAC) if reporting sexual abuse/misconduct from the past or present. The VAC is available to assist you, as well, if you have been abused or victimized by someone representing the Catholic Church. The VAC will arrange a personal meeting with a bishop of the diocese, or his delegate and will also coordinate counseling if desired. The VAC for the Diocese of Buffalo is: Ms. Jacqueline Joy. She can be reached at (716) 895-3010 or Jacqueline.email@example.com.
- Contact EthicsPoint (NAVEX GLOBAL) – The Diocese has implemented a reporting system which provides a confidential method of reporting child abuse/adult sexual misconduct via a toll-free hotline & website called EthicsPoint. EthicsPoint is available in both English and Spanish and is an independent, third-party company. They have been hired by several other dioceses and corporations, nationally, to manage their helplines. All reports will be taken seriously, promptly investigated, and when requested, anonymity is provided. EthicsPoint is hosted on secure servers.
For complaints of ethically inappropriate matters – financial, human resource, ministerial, or physically harmful situations – are to be directed to the following:
(716) 847-8728 and/or online form below
Those reporting repositories will be accessed daily and complaints then entered into a tracking system where they will be assigned a point person for follow-up and resolution.
If reporting sexual abuse/misconduct from the past or present, the Victims Assistance Coordinator (VAC) can assist you:
(716) 895-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The VAC can help coordinate counseling or arrange a personal meeting with a bishop of the diocese or his delegate. You may also report through EthicsPoint, a confidential method of reporting child abuse/adult sexual misconduct.
To report alleged abuse by a bishop or mishandling of allegations of sexual abuse by a bishop:
Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting service has been created to gather and relay reports of sexual misconduct involving bishops of the United States, and reports of their intentional interference in a sexual abuse investigation. If you wish to report any other kind of misconduct by a bishop—or sexual abuse by a priest, deacon, religious brother or sister, or layperson working for the Church—please fill out the form below. Anyone who wishes to file a complaint against a bishop of sexual abuse, report a bishop’s mishandling of a sexual abuse allegation, or report other related misconduct can make a report at:
- Make a Report online at ReportBishopAbuse.org
- or by calling 1 (800)-276-1562
Online Complaint Form
Form for complaints of ethically inappropriate matters – financial, human resource, ministerial, or physically harmful situations: