To Become a Catholic
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
Can you answer "Yes" to any of these questions:
- Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic Church?
- Are you unbaptized but recognize a need for spirituality in your life?
- Are you baptized Catholic or baptized into another religion but never received any formal religious education?
- Are you married to a Catholic and attend Mass but just don’t know what the next step is to become one of the Catholic faithful?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the place for you. Every year adults (and children over the age of seven) are welcomed into the Catholic Community through RCIA. It is a learning and loving process in which conversion of the heart brings you to Jesus Christ who is our Lord and Savior.
How does the RCIA work?
- The Inquiry or Precatechumenate
- The Catechumenate
- The Lenten period of Purification and Enlightenment
- Mystagogy or a time of deeper understanding of the “mysteries”