Year of St. Joseph
We are extending the year long celebration to April 23, 2022 in anticipation of the 175th anniversary of our Diocese.
has proclaimed a
“Year of St. Joseph”
With the Apostolic Letter “Patris corde” (“With a Father’s Heart”), Pope Francis recalls the 150th anniversary of the declaration of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church. He describes Saint Joseph as a beloved father, a tender and loving father, an obedient father, an accepting father; a father who is creatively courageous, a working father, a father in the shadows. To celebrate the anniversary, Pope Francis has proclaimed a special “Year of St. Joseph.”
Read Pope Francis’ Apostolic Letter “Patris Corde” here.
Ways to Celebrate
Consecrate yourself to St. Joseph
Pray the Prayer to St. Joseph after the Rosary
Make a pilgrimage to a church or shrine dedicated to St. Joseph (Here is a list of some of the statues, paintings and frescoes that include imagery of St. Joseph within our diocese)
Pray the Litany to St. Joseph
Learn about St. Joseph’s virtues and try to imitate them
The Seven Joys of St. Joseph
Listen to Seven Sundays of Devotion Podcastby Fourteen Holy Helpers Parish.
Encourage others to foster a greater devotion to St. Joseph
Pray the Holy Cloak of St. Joseph 30-Day Novena.
Take advantage of the Year of St. Jospeh indulgences granted by the Holy See
How to Celebrate on the Parish Level
Suggestions and ideas on how to celebrate the Year of Saint Joseph within your parish. Additional events and ideas will be updated throughout the year.
- Recite a prayer to St. Joseph after daily Masses.
- Promote the Year of St. Joseph events in your parish bulletins and social media channels
- Offer opportunities for parishioners to participate in the diocesan-wide 33-day consecration to St. Joseph both virtually and in-person.
- Offer the Votive Mass of St. Joseph on Wednesdays or Holy Hour after Mass.
- Saint Joseph’s Table: On March 19th, Italians (and Italian-Americans) celebrate St. Joseph’s Table, a shared celebrate with the community where the riches of food are given as alms to the poor.
- Highlight St. Joseph statue, side altar, artwork, etc.
- Promote pilgrimages to St. Joseph parishes in the diocese and the plenary indulgence offered.
- Distribute prayer cards or St. Joseph medals, which you can purchase through our Catholic Store (Call 847-8715 to order)
- Focus on monthly themes for the Year of St. Joseph.
- Fourteen Holy Helpers has a dedicated Year of St. Joseph page.
Pilgrimage of Parishes
Take dad (or anyone that wants to go) on a pilgrimage of parishes devoted to Saint Joseph! Here are just a few…