This page contains all the information you need to lead your teens through the Convention experience!
Be sure to use the Parish Preparation Resources to help you get your group ready.
Teens, Junior Advisors & Adults are needed as small group facilitators. Please contact Michael Slish
by email or call 716-847-8789. Trainings for all teen, junior advisor,
and adult volunteers will take place in the weeks leading up to
Convention. Stay tuned!
Safe Environment Compliance:
All persons age 18 and older who work regularly with youth in the Diocese of Buffalo must fulfill the following requirements of the Diocesan Safe Environment Program. Because of the intense, extended nature of the Convention experience, all adults and junior advisors who attend the Convention must be in full compliance with diocesan safe environment policies. Requirements are detailed on the Safe Environment Compliance Letter. Group Leaders must ensure that all chaperones are in compliance and must return this letter with your registration materials by January 26, 2018.
Each parish is encouraged to create a banner that will be displayed
in the ballroom of the Adam's Mark. The banner should show your parish
identity and the Convention theme, "True Story."Important guidelines for banners:
- Banners should be 4' wide x 8' long.
- Banners MUST include a sewn pocket at the top (so that banner can slide onto pole).
- DO NOT include lights or other heavy objects on your banner.
- Banners should be delivered to the Catholic Center by Tuesday, February 27. If you are unable to deliver your banner by Tuesday, it will not be hung until Saturday during the Convention.
- Please pick up banners from the Catholic Center after the Convention.
- Banners MUST be labeled on the back (upper left corner) with your parish name, location, group leader, and phone number.
In Memoriam: If an adult or youth who was
involved in your parish's youth ministry program has died within the
past year, please send their name and photo to Kathy Goller.
Please be sure that your group is aware of the following information:
- Friday evening: Please plan to eat prior to the start of convention. Light snacks will be available in the expo area on Friday evening.
- Saturday breakfast: Breakfast items will be available for sale in the expo area prior to the morning general session.
- Snacks: There will be light concessions available for purchase during the social time on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Late-night Pizza: Pizza can be ordered for
Friday and Saturday nights. Place your order in the hotel lobby before
the evening events and pick it up in the Expo when returning to your
room at night.
- Parish Dinner: Each parish is encouraged to
make plans for Saturday's dinner. If you choose to go out, a restaurant
guide and map can be provided. Please make your plans well in advance.
The Adams Mark is able to host parish dinners. View their menu for more details. Other groups choose to go to Pearl Street Grille or another local restaurant. Please make your reservations in
- Don't forget: Saturday's lunch and Sunday's brunch are provided for you!
- Participants are welcome to bring food with them to the hotel, as long as no cooking/heating appliances are used.
Manus Christi Award Nominations
Manus Christi Award (Hands of Christ)
The Diocesan Youth Convention is an exceptional opportunity to honor outstanding youth for their dedication and their contributions to their parishes and the community. Presented to seniors in high school, the Manus Christi is awarded to young people who have exemplified Christian leadership in their parish and the diocese.
Each parish is invited and encouraged to submit nominations for the Manus Christi Award. Please note: only parishes (not Catholic high schools) may submit nominations for these awards.
All award recipients are selected by a committee.
Manus Christi Award recipients will be notified prior to the Convention. Nominators will also be notified prior to the Convention.
The deadline for all award nominations is January 12, 2018.
Request a nomination form