Each year, a
generous group of teens and young adults help make Convention a
success. This is the place to find out how you can help make Convention 2017 POSITIVELY DANGEROUS!
advisors and adults are invited to help plan various parts of convention
including Expo, Mainstage, Liturgy, Small Groups, and Breakouts!
Breakouts/Prayer, Mainstage and Liturgy,committees will meet on December 6th. from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM at the Catholic Center
Expo, Small Groups, and Mainstage committees will meet on December 13th from 5:30 to 8:30 PM at St. Andrew's, Sloan.
Learn more about the committees! If you would like to join a committee, contact Mike Slish.
Convention Music Ministry:
Teens who will be at Convention are encouraged to share their musical talents by playing or singing at our closing liturgy. Learn more about rehearsals or sign up!
Small Group Facilitators:
Teens and Junior Advisors are needed to serve as small group facilitators. Training and facilitation materials are provided.
During the Convention, young people have a chance to meet others and
have meaningful conversations through Small Group Time. Each teen
attending the Convention is assigned to a random small group. We hope
this will give everyone a chance to meet a few new friends! Groups meet
four times during the course of the Convention weekend:
- Friday night
- Saturday after lunch
- Saturday evening after Reconciliation and Adoration (and before the Social)
- Sunday afternoon before the Closing Mass
To make this Small Group Time a success, we need
approximately 60 young people to serve as Small Group Facilitators.
Will you be one of them?
Your role as a small group leader would include:
- encouraging discussion among group members
- using icebreakers and games to form bonds
- engaging in and leading discussion that may lead to the sharing of personal stories
- creating a positive and safe environment
More details about what it takes to be a Small Group Facilitator...
If you want to be a Small Group Facilitator, you must attend the
Convention for the whole weekend, and attend one of these training
- Friday, January 27 - 6:00 - 8:30 PM
- Saturday, February 4 - 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Both sessions will be held at Infant of Prague Parish, 921 Cleveland
Drive, Cheektowaga (in the School Building on Foisset Street).
To Sign Up to be a Small Group Facilitator (and attend a Training Session):
- Click the button below to see our Sign-Up on VolunteerSpot. (Sign-Up Coming Soon!)
- Review the options listed and choose which training session you will attend
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on VolunteerSpot.
- Please use an email address that you check regularly.
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone.
If you have any questions about being a Small Group Facilitator, please contact Kathy Goller via email (or call her at 716-847-8789).
Other Important Roles at Convention:
Teens play a variety of other important roles in the Convention, including:
• sharing their witness/testimony about faith and religion in their lives
• acting in skits
• reading/speaking publicly or serving as a lector
• leading prayer and worship
• serving as MCs
• leading a dance or activity at the Expo
If you would like to share their gifts, talents or skills (or know someone who would like to) please contact Michael Slish