67th Annual Diocesan Youth Convention
Deadline for Convention Registration: Friday, January 25, 2019.
Looking to save money on your Convention registration? Check out these Special Offers:
New Group Incentive: If your group is new to the Convention, or hasn't attended in 3 years or more, your group leader comes for free. (Group must include minimum of 4 youth and 2 adults who are staying overnight for the full weekend. Free registration for group leader is only offered up to the price of one adult sharing a room with one other person.
Confirmation Enhancement: Financial assistance is available for parishes that are making an enhancement to their Confirmation or faith formation programs by including the Convention as an element of those programs. Contact Kaitlin Garrity for more details.
REGISTRATION FORMS:To register a group for the Convention, group leaders will need the following forms:
Scholarship:If any member of your group needs financial assistance to attend the Diocesan Youth Convention, please forward them the Scholarship Application.
- Note that the Parish Group Leader MUST sign the Scholarship Application.
- Scholarship Applications are due January 18, 2019.
REGISTRATION POLICIES & INFORMATION
A Complete Registration Packet includes:
- Hotel accommodations for Friday and Saturday night*
- Admission to all sessions (four general sessions and three smaller group sessions)
- Two meals: Saturday's Lunch and Sunday's Brunch
- Two social times: Friday and Saturday night
- Coffee House (Friday and Saturday night)
- Souvenir Program
NOTE: All participants staying at the Hotel must purchase a complete registration packet.
*Participants must pay for any extra hotel charges (room service, phone calls, etc.) incurred during the weekend when checking out on Sunday.
- Partial registration packages are available. Youth and adults may come to experience parts of the Convention.
- Partial packages DO NOT include hotel accommodations.
- As with youth who attend for the full weekend, youth who attend parts of the Convention must still be supervised by an adult chaperone.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing (email Diane Ruminski or fax 716-847-8797).
- A refund (minus $25) will be given if written notice is received at the Department of Youth & Young Adult Ministry 72 hours prior to the Convention (by 4:30 PM Tuesday, February 26, 2019).
- Cancellations (MUST be in writing) will be taken up to 6:30 PM Friday, March 1, 2019 with half-refund given.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations after 6:30 PM on Friday, March 1, 2019.
- Cancellations for medical reasons will be refunded (minus $25) if written notice is accompanied by doctor's note.
- Refunds will be processed after the Convention weekend and will be sent to the parish.
Changes, Substitutions, & Additions:
- All requests for changes, substitutions, or additions must be submitted in writing (email Diane Ruminski or fax 716-847-8797).
- Substitutions can be made prior to 4:30 PM on Friday, February 1, 2019 for no charge.
- Additions can be made prior to Friday, February 1, 2019 for no charge if space is available.
- All room changes, substitutions, or additions received after February 1, 2019 will be charged $10 per change. (Additions can only be accepted if space is available.)
- Additions and substitutions to hotel packages will NOT be accepted after Friday, February 15, 2019. Partial packages may still be accepted after Friday, February 19.
- Youth stay in same-gender rooms of 3 or 4 persons with two double beds.
- Youth may NOT share a room with adults or junior advisors unless ALL persons in room are immediate family.
- Cots: In rare circumstances, rooms of 5 persons are permitted and will incur an additional $10 fee. (Cot will be added to room.)
- If additional roommates are needed (to fill a youth room that has only 1 or 2 youth, or to share the cost of an adult/junior advisor room), the group leader is responsible for making those arrangement BEFORE submitting the rooming list. (All persons sharing a room must be listed on the Rooming List - enter the name of the other parish group next to those persons' names in the column provided.)
- If you are unable to find needed roommates on your own, you may contact Diane Ruminski (email@example.com or 716-847-8789) who will help you contact other group leaders.
- A check or money order for the full amount due must be submitted with the forms. No registration packages or hotel rooms will be reserved until they are paid for in full and in advance.
- Checks should be made payable to Diocese of Buffalo.
- No registration fees should be paid to the hotel.